One Nation dumps Brisbane candidate Rebecca Lloyd linked to ‘freedom’ website

One Nation has dumped its candidate for Brisbane, days after the Australian Electoral Commission confirmed it was investigating a “freedom candidates” website linked to her.

Rebecca Lloyd had spoken out forcefully against COVID-19 lockdowns on her FAIR Business Australia Facebook page before being nominated to run for the right-wing populist party.

One Nation on Friday night confirmed it had dumped the candidate for Brisbane, is held by LNP’s Trevor Evans.

Former One Nation candidate for Brisbane Rebecca Lloyd. (One Nation)

“Her unwillingness to work with and follow direction from One Nation’s national executive as part of this team has led to the regrettable, but unanimous, decision to disendorse Ms Lloyd as the party’s candidate for Brisbane,” the party said, in a statement.

Ms Lloyd earlier in the day called on her supporters in an “urgent SOS” to contact Ms Hanson about her dumping, saying she believed party’s leader didn’t know about the decision.

“It looks like I’m being disendorsed and if I am to be disendorsed, then I will stand up and I will speak out,” she said.

“But if I am being disendorsed, it is because I refuse to be controlled, and I refuse to be silent.”

Ms Lloyd’s links to the Join the Conversation website emerged earlier this week.

The site claims to connect voters to minor parties and independents but overwhelmingly features candidates for Pauline Hanson’s One Nation, Clive Palmer’s United Australia Party and the anti-vax Informed Medical Options Party.

Ms Lloyd called on her supporters to contact One Nation leader Pauline Hanson. (Supplied)

The site is registered to Ms Lloyd and Fair Business Australia but does not carry a political authorisation statement.

Ms Lloyd said the site was a directory and did not need any authorisation statement because it wasn’t advocating for any one particular candidate. 

She denies any wrongdoing and has described reports into the issue as a “hit piece by the Greens and MSM (mainstream media)”

She took to her business page on Friday to rail against the party’s reaction to the news breaking.

“I produced a video where I demanded a retraction from the statements and a retraction from the stories,” she said.

“I was asked to pull that video down and I refused to pull that video down. I was then asked again urgently to pull that video down and I did not pull that video down. 

“And now if you go to search for me through any of the one nation channels, you will not find me there.”

Reference-www.9news.com.au

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.