Two men arrested over alleged murder plot

Police have arrested two men in Melbourne after a tip-off about an alleged gangland murder plot.
Officers arrested a 31-year-old Ringwood North man and a 27-year-old Mickleham man on Saturday as part of an ongoing investigation into a Middle Eastern organised crime syndicate.

The arrests came after police received information that syndicate members, including people currently in prison, were planning to allegedly kill a number of people.

Vehicles were previously seized as part of the Taskforce Echo investigation into an organised crime syndicate. (Victoria Police)

The men were arrested and interviewed in relation to the offence of conspiracy to murder.

The 31-year-old has been remanded while the 27-year-old has been released pending further inquiries.

Victoria Police Acting Deputy Commissioner Bob Hill said officers took a number of actions to disrupt the alleged death threats.

“A threat against someone’s life is the most serious and significant threat that can be made,” he said.

“Once police received this information, we took a number of steps to disrupt this threat, which included the arrest of two men on Saturday.”

Police seized this car as part of the Taskforce Echo investigation into an organised crime syndicate. (Victoria Police)

Detectives have made 27 arrests relating to the investigation into the crime syndicate’s activities.

More than 30 search warrants have been executed leading to the seizure of $2 million, a $400,000 stolen Porsche and quantities of heroin, cocaine, amphetamine and cannabis.

Reference-www.9news.com.au

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.