Man airlifted to hospital in alleged hit-and-run in regional Victoria over the Easter long weekend

Josh Millard is recovering in hospital after he was the victim of an alleged hit-and-run in regional Victoria last month.

Police are appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage after Mr Millard was seriously injured over the Easter weekend.
The 33-year-old was airlifted to hospital after he was struck by a vehicle on Sturt Street in Kyneton shortly after 2am on April 16.
The 33-year-old man was airlifted to hospital after he was allegedly struck by a vehicle. (Nine)

Police say the driver failed to stop at the scene.

Earlier that day, Mr Millard was spending time with friends and family at the Kyneton Football Ground.

Together with his cousin, they decided to walk home, when he passed out on the side of the road.

His cousin tried to carry him but gave up, running two doors down to his home seek some assistance and help.

And in those few minutes, Mr Millard was allegedly run over and left for dead.

He was airlifted to the Royal Melbourne hospital, and placed into a coma.

His mother was told he might not survive.

Nearly three weeks on and Mr Millard has made a miraculous recovery.

Police are now appealing for information and would like to speak to anyone who drove through the area around that time and may have seen a pedestrian or anything suspicious.

They believe the vehicle may have been a four wheel drive and said it may be possible the driver was one of the many tourists visiting the region for Easter.

The investigation remains ongoing.

Reference-www.9news.com.au

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.