Tui Kamikamica cleared for NRL return after serving nine-week ban following breach notice

Melbourne’s Tui Kamikamica will be available for their magic round clash with Penrith, after completing a nine-week ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

The Fijian international has not played this season. He was subject to the NRL no-fault stand-down policy after being charged with assault stemming from an incident in November.

While the charge was dismissed last month in court, the NRL issued the prop with a breach notice.

The NRL said available CCTV footage of the nightclub incident showed Kamikamica “in a physical altercation with a female member of the public”.

The NRL said any form of violence against women was not tolerated, with the notice proposing a nine-week suspension.

Kamikamica was also fined $10,000, with 50 per cent suspended pending completion of mandatory personal development and tailored rehabilitation programs with NRL Wellbeing & Education.

Given his nine-match suspension will come to an end against St George Illawarra on Sunday, Kamikamica will be permitted to be selected for the blockbuster clash with Penrith in Brisbane.

The NRL said it took into account his previous clear record and forthright evidence.

AAP

Reference-www.abc.net.au

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.